XIII International Evaluation Conference
9-10 December 2019, Cracow
Innovation, social inclusion and territorial cohesion – preparation for the 2021-2027 perspective
Monday, 9 December 2019, Q Hotel Plus
9:00-9:30 – Registration.
9:30-10:15 – Opening of the conference.
10:15-10:45 - The Reformed Cohesion Policy in a New Policy Landscape - Erich Unterwurzacher, Ph.D. – Director of the Directorate F- Closure, Major Projects and Programme Implementation III, Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy, European Commission.
10:45-11:15 – Doing More with Less? Challenges for Cohesion Policy in 2021-27 - Prof. John Bachtler, Director of European Policies Research Centre at the University of Strathclyde (United Kingdom) and at the Technical University of Delft (Netherlands).
11:15-12:00 – Coffee break.
12:00-14:00 – Panel discussions (morning session):
- Smarter Europe (PO1) - introductory presentation and moderation: Andrzej Regulski - IMAPP Consulting Sp.z o.o..
- Greener, low-carbon Europe (PO2) – introductory presentation and moderation: Marcin Roszkowski, Instytut Jagielloński.
- Europe closer to citizen, focus point: support for small and medium-sized cities (PO5) – introductory presentation and moderation: Maciej Kolczyński, IDEA of Development Foundation.
14:00-15:00 – Lunch.
15:00-17:00 – Panel discussions (afternoon session):
- More social Europe, focus point: professional activation, education (in the context of labour market) (PO4)- introductory presentation and moderation: Piotr Stronkowski, IDEA of Development Foundation.
- More connected Europe, focus point: transport availability (PO3) - introductory presentation and moderation: Przemysław Gorgol, IPOPEMA Financial Advisory.
17:00 - Closing of the first day of conference in panels.
20:00-22:30 – Dinner at the Baroque Restaurant, Świętego Jana (St.Johns) 16 street (for registered participants).
Tuesday, 10 December 2019, Q Hotel Plus
9:00-9:30 – Registration.
9:30-9:45 – Opening of the second day of conference.
9:45-10:15 - The coming crisis of policy evaluation? - Prof. Jarosław Górniak – Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy, Head of the Department of Sociology of Economy, Education and Research Methods of the Institute of Sociology at the Jagiellonian University in Cracow.
10:15-11:45 – Quo vadis evaluation? Models of development of evaluation systems. The future of evaluation within the scope of cohesion policy 2021+. Moderation :Tomasz Kot, Deputy Director of Department for Development Strategy, Ministry of Investment and Economic Development.
11:45-12:20 – Coffee break.
12:20-14:10 – Panel discussions (morning session):
- Macroeconomics methods in Counterfactual Impact Evaluation - moderation: Jacek Pokorski, Polish Agency for Enterprise Development.
- Behavioral analysis - review of good methodological practices – moderation: Paweł Śliwowski - Polish Economic Institute.
- Methodology of synthetic indicators and their use to measure the impact of public intervention - moderation: Piotr Arak, Director of the Polish Economic Institute.
14:10-15:10 – Lunch.
15:10-17:00 – Panel discussions (afternoon session):
- The use of well-known methods in new application for the EU Cohesion Policy evaluation – moderation: Monika Bartosiewicz-Niziołek, Vice-President of the Polish Evaluation Society.
- How „cope with intangible”? M&E of new strategic goals using available statistical classification - moderation: Rafał Trzciński, IDEA of Development Foundation.
- Policy-LAB – the role of evaluation in designing of public services – moderation: Karol Olejniczak, Professor at the SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Warsaw.
17:00 – Closing remarks in individual panels / final closing of the conference.