14th International Evaluation Conference
New reality. Challenges for cohesion policy and evaluation in the post-pandemic era
27th of May 2021 (Thursday)
9:30-10:00 (CEST, Warsaw) Opening of the Conference:
- Waldemar Buda, Secretary of State at the Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy (MFiPR),
- Małgorzata Oleszczuk, President of the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development (PARP).
Moderation: Karol Tokarczyk, Polityka Insight.
10:00-11:30 Economic and social after-effects of COVID-19 (panel discussion)
- John Bachtler, Professor of European Policy Studies at the University of Strathclyde, European Policies Research Centre (EPRC) in Glasgow,
- Balazs Szepesi, Ph.D. in political science, Economics School in the Mathias Corvinus Collegium (MCC),
- Piotr Arak, Polish Economic Institute (PIE),
- Piotr Żuber, Ph.D. in economic sciences, Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy (MFiPR), University of Warsaw (UW).
12:00-13:30 The impact of COVID-19 on the areas of cohesion policy interventions and its implementation
- David Alba, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG Regio) - COVID, monitoring & evaluation from DG REGIO perspective,
- Lukáš Maláč,Evalaution Advisory CE - Analysis of ESIF Measures Responding to COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic and the Assessment of EFSI Program,
- Maciej Bukowski, Ph.D., Warsaw University, WiseEuropa - Evaluation of the programme supporting SME’s innovation based on the DSGE model,
- Paweł Peszko, Educational Research Institute (IBE) and Evalu sp. z o.o., Małgorzata Zub - Cohesion Policy and the challenges of distance learning.
14:00-15:00 Smart solutions in response to current challenges
- Michał Wolański Ph.D., Anna Borowczak Ph.D., Paulina Kozłowska (Wolański Sp. z o.o., EGO s.c.) - Evaluation of the implementation of the Smart City concept in the Visegrad Group countries.
15:00 Closing of the first day of the conference
28th of May 2021 (Friday)
9:00-10:30 (CEST, Warsaw) Research in pandemic era (panel discussion):
- Moderation of the discussion: Paulina Zadura, Polish Agency for Enterprise Development (PARP),
- Monika Bartosiewicz-Niziołek, Polish Evaluation Society (PTE),
- Anna Karczmarczuk, Ipsos, Polish Society of Market and Opinion Researchers (PTBRiO),
- Urszula Krassowska, Kantar Polska S.A.,
- Stanisław Bienias, IDEA Institute Sp. z o.o.,
- Michał Woch, Evalu Sp. z o.o.
10:45-12:15 The use of secondary data in evaluation:
- Chairperson: Dominika Rogalińska, Spatial and Environmental Surveys Department, Statistics Poland - Secondary use of administrative data in public statistics – now and in the future,
- Ian Vollbracht - Competence Centre on Microeconomic Evaluation, Joint Research Centre, European Commission - Towards the use of administrative data for counterfactual impact evaluations in the European Union,
- prof. Agnieszka Chłoń-Domińczak, Warsaw School of Economics - Using data from treasury and social security registers in the analysis of entrepreneurship at the local level,
- Jakub Adamski, Public Data Analysis Centre, University of Warsaw - Health needs map” as an example of using public data to design and evaluate policies and programs (not only in the area of health).
12:45-14:45 The use of remote research techniques in evaluation:
- Moderation: Piotr Strzęboszewski, National Evaluation Unit, Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy (MFiPR),
- Anna Mazerant, Research Innovation Director, 4P,
- Adam Polasz, Research & Development Director, Difference.
14:45 Closing of the conference